Darlene Brace LCSW, LAC, ACS, ADS, CAPT, RYT-200,
EMDR Certified, Ho'oponopono Certified, CAIS
EMDR Certified, Ho'oponopono Certified, CAIS
I grew up in lovely and beautiful Durango, Colorado. I went to Adams State University and received a BA in Psychology and a BA in Spanish in 2004. I am bi-lingual in Spanish and English. My passion for working with people continued as I a pursued a Master of Social Work from the University of Denver, and graduated in 2008. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC), Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS). Acudetoxification Specialist NADA (ADS), Registered Yoga Teacher- 200 hours (RYT), Certified Child and Adolescent Trauma Professional (CATP), Canine Activities Intervention Specialist, Certified EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapist, who is trained in DBT skills, Synergetic Play Therapy, and Emotionally Focused Individual & Couples Therapy. I am well experienced in providing training and workshops around various topics.
For the past 14 years I have worked for a non-profits serving survivors of intimate partner violence and people living with HIV/AIDS. Of those, I have spent 11 years providing therapy individually and group to children, teens, college aged adults, adults, and mature aged adults. I worked as a Therapist for extended care for females struggling with substance abuse, sex addiction and mental health between the ages of 18-30. I have vast experience in facilitating therapeutic groups, education groups, teaching and providing training and assistance. As a human, in my lifetime I've had many challenges to overcome and have had help along the way. I have a creative mind and spirit that allow me to think outside the box. I use art therapeutically to help clients in the healing process. My passion lies in working with people who have undergone trauma to heal and become a complete self. I utilize animal assisted intervention with my canine partners. I enjoy providing clinical supervision for interns or clinicians working toward their license. I look for the strengths in everyone, as well as, a lending a compassionate heart. I believe therapy is a dance we must do together, and so I will bring my authentic self into our work together. I will encourage you to find your true inner self and help that voice become loud and strong. I am currently an adjunct professor for University of Denver Graduate School of Social program.
I am also a Licensed Zumba Instructor and Tai Chi for Arthritis Instructor. I can teach Zumba toning, Kids and Gold. I am a Certified Group Fitness Instructor through AFAA. I completed a 200 hour Vinyasa Yoga school. I have also completed some Yin Yoga teacher training. I have completed the D2G SocaFit Training. Connecting the mind, body, and spirit have been essential to helping me live a balanced life. I will meet you where you are, and provide an objective perspective to help support your goals, growth and leadership.
Over the past 15 years I've had experience leading outdoor recreation and educational experiences for youth. I've also worked part-time as an Emergency Services worker. I've coached Durango High School Speech and Debate and been a middle/high school Girl Scout Leader. I enjoy many outdoor activities such as stand up paddle boarding the river, bicycling, and back-country skiing.
I've had specialized training in the following areas:
- Code Red (40 hours) trained community facilitator- Embracing Diversity Initiative
- Community Interpreter Training (30 hours)- Through the Spring Institute
- Citizen Police Academy (40 hours) – By Durango Police Department
- Clinical Supervision (50 hours)
- Spanish for Social Workers Specialized class- 120 hours University of Denver
- Curanderismo- Traditional Mexican healing.
- Certified Sexual Addictions Counselor (CSAT 140 hours)
- Animal Assisted Interventions- Animals and Human Health (AHH) Certificate Program through University of Denver and Canine Assisted Intervention Certificate (In progress).
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Externship and Emotional Focused Individual therapy Level 1
- Vinyasa and Yin Yoga
- Synergetic Play Therapy and Trauma based Play Therapy (114 hours)
- EMDR- addictions and somatic work
- Energy Psychology and Brain Synchronization Therapy
- Legal Information Network of Colorado Navigator Training (16 hours)
- Motivational Interviewing Skills (88 hours)
- MINT Train the Trainer (35 hours)
- Nutrition and Mental Health (16 hours)
- Tele-Health for Mental Health Professionals (16 hours)
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (8 hours)
- CAMS- Collaborative Assessment and Measurement of Suicidality (11 hours)
- Neurobiology of Yoga and Trauma (12 hours)